A note to myself



So the last post I wanted to talk about some things that people took for granted but this post I want to talk about some positive things related to ambition. There are far more pieces to ambition than I can grasp in one post. So, if you feel I haven't answered all your questions in this one post; I haven't. Here is a list of positive aspects we need to use in our ambitious endeavors.

Compassion

Compassion is easier to show when you have been through the storm. Some battles are meant to be fought alone. However, some battles are meant to be fought with a friend. Your heart may be tugged to support someone while they learn to get through. A compassionate heart is understanding and non-judgmental. It doesn't see race, gender, or greed. It, like love, is something freely given. Use your storms to give you wisdom and strength.

Positivity

It is so easy to give into self doubt and negative self talk! Don't!! I have many days when I fall into a negative self-destructive attitude. God tends to send someone to lift me up and tell me to cut it out. The ego has the tendency of showing you how much better everyone else is doing around you, which leads to feelings of inadequacy or not being good enough. On days like this I crave a positive attitude. A smile or an encouraging word. So when I am at my best I spread positivity everywhere! I like to mention how much potential I see in others or offer a smile. Sometimes it's just a listening ear or a thumbs up. Spread it like dandelions blowing in the wind. Positivity will change someones worst day into a laugh or suicide into life. So for you my fellow readers,

 I think you're great! I think you have a vast amount potential to improve your life! One day at a time. Now you must take my words and not ignore them. You are strong, you are powerful, and most of all, you are loved. 

Now it's your turn, spread that shit!

Let it be

Someone closest to my heart has given me this mantra. With ambition comes this need for control and perfectionism. When you complete your project and it's not what was in your head. Let it be. Come back to it later with a fresh mind or fresh set of eyes. When you feel like something isn't going the way you want it to, you guessed it "Let it Be." We cannot control every aspect of our ambitions. There are times when we have to just let God bring us to the next step. I have learned, while writing my book, that sometimes I can power through it, and sometimes I must wait for the experience in order to write the next chapter. The experience comes and the words flow out like never before.

In Closing

This is possible but never easy. When we are wrapped up in passion or perfection or even our ego, it's hard to take a second to breathe. It's not easy to show everyone compassion or spread positivity. 
Hold your writing, art, work, dance moves, athletic skills in front of you, close your eyes, take a deep breath and let go of everything you have ever known. Open your eyes. Breath out compassion and positivity; and then just "Let it be."

Comments

Popular Posts