Supporting a mom with Ambition

Yes, I met the man of my dreams, the night I met him however, was not a fairy tale ordeal. How ever it happened, it did, and now we're married and I'm super happy. There are positives and negatives to every relationship. Do not let this post fool you into thinking that marriage is all sunshine and roses, but today, I want to focus on the positive things my husband does to support my ambitions. 



(If you have an Ambitious daughter, girlfriend, or wife, here are some 
ideas on how you can support them)

1. He understands that I have a high need for recognition of my work. Together we come up with goals and rewards and he is consistent with them. He discusses my goals with me, when I need to, and encourages me to reach for them throughout the process. 

2. He gives me more support when I am feeling stressed about my work. By supporting me, he will do more around the house, watch the kid, and bring home flowers when my stress is at an all time high. 

3. He listens and gives me feedback about the topics I am learning. He will help me think through my concerns about them. Sometimes, he even shows interest in learning what I am trying to discuss with him, so he can have honestly thought through feedback. 

4. He makes sure that our home stays Christ centered. Our belief in Christ is the root to our relationship and the purpose of it. If I stray too far off course, he reminds me that Christ is my ultimate intrinsic motivation regardless of the rewards I earn and the goals I set.

5. Last but not least, he loves me. This sums it all up. His love for me, along with my own self-confidence, gives me the support I need to keep going.





Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.8 Love never fails.

Note to the ambitious Moms,
Remember that anyone who shows you this support, deserves appreciation and it is important to do the same for someone else who has ambitions like yourself. Remind your supporters and mentors that you appreciate them. Make sure you set your ambitions aside, once in a while, to show them appreciation. Also, know that you are worth someone doing these things for you. 

photo cred:

http://www.karenschlink.com/
Thanks so much for reading please g+1, share, and Comment below




Comments

Popular Posts