ambition


https://strictlydigitalphotography.wordpress.com/


Ambition...
Where will it take us? No where, if we let it.
Where will it find us? Everywhere if we let it.

When someone is ambitious, I think it is important that they have complete control over their ambition. If you don't control it, it will control you. Your family will miss you, your friends will live on without you, you children will become you. Too busy. Too busy for functions, birthdays, and board games. I know because I hide in my ambitions all the time.

Now that I think back, there are many days of work I would have taken off, tests I would have taken a lower grade on, and sleep I would have lost in order to be there. My little sisters 16th birthday will never happen again, but I got an A. An A that will be replaced by my master degree program and forgotten in my career. Life is irreplaceable.

Life goes on without you when you live for ambition. I think ambition is great until it becomes your crutch. There is a very, very thin line between controlling ambition and ambition controlling you.

Refocus, Reboot, Stay in touch,

Comments

Popular Posts