My new thoughts on Ambition

It has been while since I've posted on here. Well, here I am today and ready to write something.



Ambition it's closely related to a lot of things in life including motivation, depression, obsession, and our ego. There are different times in our life that require each of these things. We need all of these pieced together to help us grow into the person we want to be someday. Just to give a quick example of why we need all of these things I'll start with Motivation. On this, I think we can all agree that we need motivation to get us from point a to point b.

We need times of depression. Why? Because we need the dark times so that we can learn to be compassionate to those who are also going through the darkness. Also, it is in times of darkness where we are able to find the light.


We need the times that our obsessions take over as well because we are drawn to or hyper-focused on something for a reason. If I had never obsessed ambition I would have never learned to make apple pies with my aunt. I also would have never gotten to see people for who they really are. I got to see what people feared the most in their lives and what people dream about for their future. Closest to God I think I have ever gotten and just imagine he knows all of us! I only heard 25 stories. I also got to know myself and grow in many areas of my life.

Ego tends to have a negative stigma but ego is vital at times for our survival. It is automated by our brain to keep us safe. To keep us from continuing to get hurt in any way. Ego is important, on the other hand, ambition should never be a drive to satisfy our ego. It should be a drive to constantly want to improve ourselves. Ambition in life is important but it's best used as a vehicle, not to get us to perfection but, to get us to the next journey we need, in order for us to grow. Without growth we are living off the backs of others and that will only lead to ruin.

Where am I at with this journey? 

I still think about ambition in everything I do, but my thoughts about it are much clearer. I have moved on from my point of obsession and come to a point of understanding. I still have a lot more I can add to it so don't worry, this blog isn't going anywhere.


How can we be more ambitious? 

1.) Face your fears head on.

2.) Don't look back

3.)  Always strive for personal growth. Science can prove it. I am sure I can find tons of scholarly articles or bible verses to prove it as well but, this time,I am just going to ask you to trust me.

4.) There is one last thing that can help us with all of this and it is probably the most important. It's the only thing that can change the world, ignite fires, and lead us to our passion and that is Love. If all else fails Love is the answer.

Comments

Popular Posts